PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Box Sets

VRiku
12-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey there,
I'm new to this and started diggin the Bleach Anime. I just finished episode #41 and searching for the next box set/season. It seems that it doesn't exist. Would anyone have information as to when/if there will be a season 3 box set release in the USA? These came with posters that I'm going to have framed (totally awesome art work). :rukia:

oneof9
12-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry I don't know when they are coming out with the next box set. I've seen the Dubbed version when I was on leave. I didn't like it. I started watching Bleach with the sub and like that a lot better. I just down load them from here. To me the voices are better. I understand if you like to hear english instead of Japanese and not have to read. It's just personal preference.

I hope to see you around more. This is a great place to talk about Bleach as well as other animes. Just Please read the rules. They are easy to follow and if you have any questions just ask. I'm sure one of the others can help you out with your question.

:zaraki:

riottrio
12-24-2008, 09:39 AM
hello There Vriku... first of all, Welcome to the bleachanime forum, we're all glad to have you on board, i hope your stay is prolonged so that you make many friends and that you have a good time whilst you're here.:)

and to answer your question, i honestly don't know, due to the fact that not even the internet seems to know... XD i bet you've probably been waiting a while...
well, i live in England, and i'm still waiting for the 2nd series to be released... i'[ve oredred it off the internet for the 27th of december.. which seems a bit pointless... i mean, why release something everybody would want for christmas after christmas... hahaha...

well, lets see... urrm, i got the 1st bleach series box set about.... 4 and a half months ago now... and that was quite a while after it had been out.... so i think you could be waiting a while... i hope you're not waiting too long :D

Soul_Reaper
12-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey there,
I'm new to this and started diggin the Bleach Anime. I just finished episode #41 and searching for the next box set/season. It seems that it doesn't exist. Would anyone have information as to when/if there will be a season 3 box set release in the USA? These came with posters that I'm going to have framed (totally awesome art work). :rukia:

Viz hasn't made an official announcement on the release date of the 3rd box set. They finished dubbing and released all of the related episodes on Cartoon Network a long time ago, so there ins't much standing in the way of releasing them.

They release volumes with 3-4 episodes every two months with 54-58 coming out January 20th. They're not going to release the box set until after they've released all of the episodes in the arc in individual volumes first. The arc concludes with episode 63, so if they stuff five episodes on the final dvd in the arc (like they did with the SS Entry arc) then that should be released around March. By then they'll probably have given us a release date for box set 3 / season 3.

Kronok
12-26-2008, 04:08 AM
Where did you find a dubbed version? I'd like some for my nephews who can read but not quickly enough to keep up with the story so I have to answer alot of "why" questions and "what's going on" heh... english would be nice, even tho I prefer subbed, my nephew would probably enjoy it more if it was dubbed.

ryuutohime1982
12-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I noticed in a magazine I had recently that the second box set has only just been announced for release in the UK. I didn't even know Bleach's first one had been released over here, that's how badly it's been marketed, but whatever :P Ive seen Bleach manga in stores here, but not the anime. But that's probably because where I live doesn't really tend to go in much for anime :P

Bleach is shamefully, unforgivably behind in releasing the anime in English though, even in the US. I have no idea what's taken them so long, to be honest.

I thought that itunes had the whole of third season on their download program for North American users, though? Someone said something about it on another community I was on.

Personally I'm happier with the Japanese, but I can understand there are a lot of people who've been waiting for it in English and it's a bit bad that they're only just stuck in the middle of the Soul Society plot (and I mean in the middle :S Episode 41? Wtf? So Rukia and Ichigo meet up again then - its still RIGHT in the middle of an ongoing storyline!!)

Ryuu

saya
12-28-2008, 02:13 AM
I have no idea...
as u see I'm from other part of globe :D
and I always watch japanese version..

MDXbleach93
12-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey there,

I dont know exactly what Viz is doing. They've always had a reputation of waiting to long with DVD's. I mean in the Dub we're up to 95... and What VRiku is saying is that Viz isnt close enough. But seriously cant they just get this outta way, cuz I doubt they'll put the Bount Arc on DVD...

But they better finish Soul Society Arc before the English Dub reaches the Arrancar arc

VRiku
12-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Try FYE or Barnes and Nobles. I have found them both to be resonably priced on DVD's online and in store.