PDA

View Full Version : why bleach geniuses have white hair??

bong91
10-04-2009, 06:45 AM
<if this thread is repeated please delete it without confirmation>

first gin then toushiro....

why do they have white hair???

or is that pure coincidence only

albie123
10-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Dunno.. sort of in the same way that Ishida, Ishida's father, and Syazel had glasses... and no one else does (unless you count Tousen or sunglasses)

The white hair just distinguishes them

By that reasoning though, Ishida is the only smart dude with dark hair

I'm guessing Tite just went with the stereotypes here

ryuutohime1982
10-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Hrm. This really doesn't follow, since Gin's hair is silver, not white...;) . Gin actually means 'silver' if written in the proper kanji.

Also, if you count Gin, you have to count Kaien since it's well documented that Kaien also finished the Academy in a year. And he doesn't have white hair either.

That leaves it at just Hitsugaya. Although I'm pretty sure Ukitake is referred to as gifted in one of the Japanese bios I have for him...we know why his hair is white, so that's a nonstarter, really. ><

albie123
10-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Hrm. This really doesn't follow, since Gin's hair is silver, not white...;) . Gin actually means 'silver' if written in the proper kanji.

I believe that is why we should generalize the hair color to light hair, rather than just white.

otherwise details like this get too ticky tacky

I did forget to mention Kaien though, my bad

Hitsugaya-shiro-chan
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
well your question is catchy
well i myself don't know why
but on my opinion its because
maybe tite kubo wants few genius characters in bleach since their is just a few white haired guys like hitsugaya,jushiro and gin
but well i should rather not include gin because ryuutohime said gin means silver
well it just confusing if the 3 if them have white or silver hair cause in episode 239 where toshii was wondering why people are afraid of him he wondered "is it because of my silver hair?"
well there

james_wilko
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Also, if you count Gin, you have to count Kaien since it's well documented that Kaien also finished the Academy in a year. And he doesn't have white hair either.

That leaves it at just Hitsugaya. Although I'm pretty sure Ukitake is referred to as gifted in one of the Japanese bios I have for him...we know why his hair is white, so that's a nonstarter, really. ><

Thank you XD I nearly came in flailing and yelling that Gin's hair isn't white XD

White doesn't equate to genius though, the ones with white or white like hair have reasons.

Yama- He's old. Very. Very. VERY D: old.
Ukitake- His illness seems to have cursed him with it, though now can you imagine him any other way?
Hitsugaya- Icey-chan, ice zapakutou, attempted "icey" demeanor. Etc...

& if we just go to people with "light" hair as albie123 says, that doesnt' explain the likes of Aizen (brown) Shunsui (brown) Mayuri (purple? O.o) who're all very intelligent characters, and the first two are apparently at the top of the shinigami combat prowess rankings.

Terywj
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Sould Society had a handful of prodigies, and not all of them had white hair.

Toshiro Hitsugaya - white hair
Gin Ichimaru - silver hair
Kaien Shiba - black hair
Shuhei Hisagi - black hair

-Terywj

albie123
10-06-2009, 12:14 AM
I guess white/silver hair is just irrelevant to intelligence in the manga then

meh

ryuutohime1982
10-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Shuhei Hisagi - black hair

-Terywj

Hisagi is not a prodigy. He failed his entrance exams three times and he was a sixth year student when we see him at the Academy - prodigy students (ie Gin, Kaien) finished in less time. It is actually said somewhere in the official bootleg that the NORMAL length of time for a Shinigami at the Academy is six years but that gifted individuals finish it SOONER. Hisagi was obviously not one of those gifted individuals, and did not finish it sooner. I have a feeling it's Hisagi himself that says it, in his little guide to being and becoming a Shinigami.

Kira even commented on the likelihood that his ability was greater than Hisagi's since he was top of his class - lets not forget Hisagi needed to be rescued by three first year students and then the big guns of the Gotei (Aizen, Gin, albeit on their own agenda). If he was as gifted as all that, we would've seen some sign of it in that battle.

Hisagi is only famous among fellow academy students because he is already attached to a squad before graduation and that's unusual. But you can say that Byakuya (sixth) and Nanao (eighth) also had the same kind of associations. I wouldn't necessarily call either of them prodigies although they are obviously gifted individuals.

He's just another student of good educational grounding who got lucky/unlucky and wound up in ninth.

NinjaPimp-since87
10-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I dont know why, but I'm a genius and i dont have white hair.LOL:p Mabye they are albino geniuses.

Seionai
10-17-2009, 04:55 PM
As said before, the reasons why the light-haired people have their hair color have been stated(and even if there isn't a definitive reason like for Toshiro, it can be easily assumed that it's to further his 'icey' personality and zanpakutou), and there are other geniuses in Soul Society that do not have extremely light hair.

Pitchi
10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
In most animes, the hair colors have some different meanings.
So means red/orange hair = passion, fire, loud

white/silver means: intelligent, huge power, sometimes evil, genius

I googled it...if you dont believe me XD

Seionai
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
In most animes, the hair colors have some different meanings.
So means red/orange hair = passion, fire, loud

white/silver means: intelligent, huge power, sometimes evil, genius

I googled it...if you dont believe me XD

Loud, huh.....well, I guess we can see where Kubo got the idea for Ichigo's hair color. I mean seriously, it hurt my ears when he was being loud right after they got into Hueco Mundo.

Uraharasan
10-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Maybe its TK's way of showing wisdom. You see white hair in a traditional context shows wisdom. So maybe ingenuity is equal to wisdom in TK's view.

pirate_kai
10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
<if this thread is repeated please delete it without confirmation>

first gin then toushiro....

why do they have white hair???

or is that pure coincidence only

both :gin: & :hitsugaya: don't have white hairs...:glare:
gin has pale blue hair..
hitsugaya has silver colour hair...

Emerald Penguin
10-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Theres also :szayel: szayel here! Hes a smarty pants and his hair is pink :O

privatedemon
10-19-2009, 04:19 AM
I believe that is why we should generalize the hair color to light hair, rather than just white.

otherwise details like this get too ticky tacky

I did forget to mention Kaien though, my bad

ok, so we count out Aizen and Urahara to the lists of geniuses - make Gin and Hitsugaya on the top?

As far as i know Aizen and Urahara are the only two bleach characters who have proven themselves geniuses over and over again. Although the captain of research and also espada 8 are also highly intelligible ones.

I don't know why people are so inclined in believing Hitsugaya is a boy genius whereas in Diamond Dust Rebellion he acted like a nuts. Both Gin and Hitsugaya acquired their shinigami powers early on and passed the exams easily - I respect their adaptation to fighting skills; that's only it.:cool:

Dio666
10-19-2009, 04:35 AM
hmmm it seems to be a rather flimsy connection but i have a possible exaplaination...
white is often seen in old people, and the elderly are often seens as wise, intelligent people as they have learned many of the lessons the hard way through out their long life. my guess is that TK took that grey/silver/white hair and ave it to the youngun's to make them appear smarter beyond their years. as a sign that they were intelligent. like i said flimsy but its a start xD

bleachqwertyprincess
10-20-2009, 11:18 AM
how about :urahara2:? he's a genius too. He made the Hogyoku,right?:D

maglor calaelen
10-20-2009, 07:32 PM
just a sidestep... isnt gin an albino??? semi-white hair red eyes xP i know its a bit :offtopic: but i need to know

JTjoyTan
10-21-2009, 01:44 AM
I agree on that Hisagi is NOT a prodigy , though Kira might have said that he might be btr than Hisagi at the entrance of the senkaimon , Hisagi saved his butt when in the cave of the bount season .

Maybe the geniuses do not have white hair but silver hair ?:p you see , Gin and Toushirou have silver hair !, not to mention they are prodigys :P . Ukitake has tuberculosis so we cant rule out the possibility that he is a prodigy and has silver hair since his illness turn his hair white . Well , Kyoraku is a sort of prodigy as Yama-ji said in the SS season of when Ichigo barged in , but his hair is er... brown ? Well , thats my opinion , no offence if i ever offended u .

ahkok1982
10-21-2009, 02:35 AM
maybe they are too smart so their hair turns white... the brain absorbs all the nutrients so their hair does not have enough to be black or any other colour :)

99hitcombo
10-21-2009, 03:49 AM
mayuri is a genius too and he has blue hair. :rolleyes:

Silver Star
10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Perhaps it's a generation thing.

When bleach are geniuses their hair tends to be white showing that there smart and all.

kyagaju
10-21-2009, 06:19 AM
but according to the turn back the pendulum arc about how the whole set of events started when ukitake was trying to recruit kaien-dono as his vice captain, he called him a genius so i do not think that all the geniuses are white haired as you say besides ichimaru gin's hair seems to be grey or silver in colour when compared to toushiro

ThienWu
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
they think too much till their hair turn white... :) btw.. i think this statement are not 100% correct.. too me aizen-sama is a genius and his hair not white...

grey-specter
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
because more intelligence make you more crazy and more craziness makes your hair white like einstain:D

well i dont know exactly the right reason but i think its just the preferences of TK:)

huecomundodweller
10-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I think its just a coincedence that they have white hair or light hair that only old people get. But I've seen some pretty young people get white hair too in real life. Maybe he was playing on that part.