Sponsors keep our server running! » iPad Manga Reader .
BleachAnime.org » BleachAnime.org Home . Bleach Anime Downloads . Bleach Manga Reader . Bleach Wallpapers
NarutoPod.com » NarutoPod.com Home . Naruto Forum . Naruto Anime Downloads . Naruto Manga Reader . Naruto Wallpapers
BleachAnime.org Forums

Welcome to the BleachAnime.org Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, earn points to gain access to our high-speed Bleach anime direct downloads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fairy tail Time Skip - Page 4

Go Back   BleachAnime.org Forums > Other Anime/Manga > Other Manga Talk

Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 PM
The One Horseman of your Apocalypse [Kidou no kami-sama]

Favorite Character: Ichimaru Gin, Shunsui Kyouraku, Urahara Kisuke
My Shinigami [?]
Default Re: Fairy tail Time Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseas View Post
Ooohh plz sir, don't even make this comparison. Rave>>>FT in every single aspect, except fan-service(and maybe character design, although in the last 100 chapters, the character design in Rave was as great as in FT's)imo at least.Plus did you really expect that from a shounen manga like Rave? That more than half of the main cast would die?
The only time i felt trolled(very bad) in Rave was when Doryou supposedly killed Musica, when Haru one shotted Berial(that was stupid and worst troll ever in Rave) and finally when it turned out that Alpine was alive all the time(i mean wtheck?seriously? although he gave a reason as to why he couldn't help all this time)
In FT we're being trolled every 2 chapters...
No offence
5th-Captain-Ichigo, it's just... unjust(imo) to compare a good manga like Rave with FT that sadly has become ''meh''.
Anyway
dordoniz, i don't know about who's the biggest troll but i found this hilarious
 Spoiler: click to show
Latest chapter was decent, a lot of questions that need to be answered(what happened to Jellal,Ultear etc) let's hope we see a training arc after we learn what happened after 7 years.And i think there's a possibility that this ''new number 1# guild'' might be Raven Tail.
How would someone not make a comparision between Rave & Fairy Tail since they have the same writer.

Mashima doesn't help it either by having characters look basically identical, same abilities etc.

And while Rave was good, it had it's slow bits. It had it's poor bits and it did troll like Fairy Tail.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
8th Division's 8th seat

Favorite Character: Starrk and Shunsui,Ulquiorra,Ichigo,Grimmjow,Zaraki
My Shinigami [?]
Post Re: Fairy tail Time Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_wilko View Post
How would someone not make a comparision between Rave & Fairy Tail since they have the same writer

Ehm i know Mashima wrote them both And i didn't say ''Do not dare to make a comparison'' who am i to say this? I just meant that it's not a good idea to compare a good manga(Rave) with a mediocre(FT) one, in my opinion, because the good manga is being downgraded.

Quote:
Mashima doesn't help it either by having characters look basically identical, same abilities etc.
Are you referring on Jellal? Yup i agree that Sieghart>>>Jellal/Siegrain.
And i won't compare Natsu and Haru even though they're almost identical in appearance because it's obvious who's the best main character out of the 2.
But as it concerns abilities could you clarify which character from FT has similar abilities with someone in Rave(except Edo-Erza).Imo not even Gazille and Musica have similar abilities.I'm not being offensive but i just don't remeber similar abilities.Perhaps you mean Let's abilities since he was a dragon-race?

Quote:
And while Rave was good, 1)it had it's slow bits. 2)It had it's poor bits and 3)it did troll like Fairy Tail.
I definitely agree with you on the first 2 points.But the third statement is not a fact.But 1)if it's your opinion and you won't change it no matter what, i won't try to convince you 2)if you want to listen to my opinion read the rest of the post or pm me since i'll go way off-topic.
Honestly speaking, do you really think that Mashima trolled so hard on Rave? I can only recall 4-5 bad trolls he pulled but that's it. If you compare it with FT where we're being trolled for entire arcs...it's nothing, that's why i said we shouldn't compare it since ''the trolling'' is not something that they both have in the same degree.
Anyway, here are some examples of excellent trolling

Examples of bad moments(/trolling) in Rave:
1)Haru defeating Shuda in the beginning(Shuda was one of the Oraccion Seis and was supposed tob very strong)
2)Doryou supposedly ''killing'' Musica(very bad and pointless)
3)Ellie,Plue, Griff and fodders defeating one of King's guardians(Rionnete was his name if i recall correctly and was supposed to be the 3rd strongest and most cruel out of all of them)
4)Griff
5)The place with the flower-like people like Nejima(Really?)
6)King's defeat(imo not a troll since it was stated more than once that King>=Gale, so Haru+ Gale>=the King which is logical since Haru was not a fodder but a very capable fighter by that time.)
7)The Tonfa blasters of Ellie...
8)Ogre's defeat(again not a troll imo since Reika and Musica were both strong and the soul resonance may had been pulled out of Mashima's hat,
but it was logical since they had feelings for each other.
And soul resonance was not overused like in FT)

9)Berial being ''one shotted'' by Haru
...(lame and worst troll ever in Rave imo nuff said)
10)Haru breaking Decalog with his hands...
(Really Mashima?).

Those are all the trolls i remember from Rave.Feel free to add some more that i might have missed

Bad moments(/arcs)in FT
1)Natsu a)eating Etherion=going DF and b)defeating Jellal

2)Natsu's weakness being transports yet he survives fatal injuries..(really?)
3)Erza what-the-heck-pwning Ikaruga when a second ago she was getting owned...()
4)Natsu defeating Cobra with his roar..(again, really?)
5)Natsu (no DF) and Gazille defeating Laxus...(no comment)
6)Lullaby monster getting owned like a fodder
7)Deliorra being dead all the time....then what was the point of melting the ice(which was Ur)?
8)a)Zeref is dead let's revive him with the Tower of Heaven!
b)Nope Zeref is not dead he's just sealed and we need the 6 keys of Zeref!
c)Nope Zeref was alive all the time..he just values the lives of people and magically showed up in tenrou island!

9)Grimmoire Heart>>>>>Fairy Tail Nope FT+Nakama power>>>>>>>>GH

10)Zeref killing Hades...(because he made him lose his value for life again
11)Natsu eating thunder
12)Element 4's Aria(full powered) gets owned in one hit by a wounded Erza...
13)Edolas arc
14)Mystogan is Edolas' Jellal! ehm w8 does that mean Mystogun must stay in Edolas?

Ok i'll stop here since the troll-log is really long and my post is already ultra long...
P.S. Sorry if i sound offensive,honestly i don't have this intention i just want to discuss this with you
(i mean those of you who think that Mashima's trolling in Rave is as bad as in FT).
~Izuru Kira
Old 11-17-2011, 01:33 AM
8th's 4th Magical Jellicle

My Shinigami [?]

Ah yea..Fairy Tail...
It used to be awesome, the last arc killed a lot of that with timeskip being extraordinarily bad and I stopped reading it now. For me the best part is done with dragon the guilds death being the end.

Kinda like I stopped death note after L's death and probably should stop Bleach after Aizens defeat. :/
Old 11-17-2011, 03:05 AM
[12th Division] - 3rd Seat: Hero of thugs.

Favorite Character: Mayuri, Sajin.
My Shinigami [?]

@ Odysseas

Mashima isnt trolling FT as much as you think, or more accurately, he isnt trolling it any more than most other shounen manga authors.

1-8, 10 and 11 are typical shounen mechanics, blaming only Fairy Tail for this is called being a hater.

About 9:

Mashima's made it crystal clear that emotions fuel magic power.
This is supported by "Unison Raids" as well. What you call "nakama power" is actually a viable mechanic in the series, aka justified.

Mavis protected Fairy Tail because the guild performed Unison Raid, she even said so herself.

About 12: Erza > Aria > Natsu, no need to analyze it further cause it's simple as that.

About 13: If you think Edolas is a troll-arc, you obviously didnt understand its purpose at all.

@ ikorose93

The timeskip was merely a "pause" button in order to leave FT behind compared to everyone else in terms of power. It WAS lame indeed, but the manga's pretty interesting right now, dont give up on it yet.

Frausty's Plushiehubby
Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 PM
[8th Division] 14th Seat

Favorite Character: Ryuuken,Tousen,Hisagi,Szayel,Unohana
Send a message via MSN to Fajitasforme Send a message via Skype™ to Fajitasforme
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikorose93 View Post
probably should stop Bleach after Aizens defeat. :/
I probably should've stopped reading bleach after the SS arc.

I agree with Dordoniz though, the actual timeskip was messy but the story looks like it's going in an interesting direction.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 PM
8th Division's 8th seat

My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordoniz View Post
Mashima isnt trolling FT as much as you think, or more accurately, he isnt trolling it any more than most other shounen manga authors.
That really is debatable.....
Quote:
1-8, 10 and 11 are typical shounen mechanics
Honestly speaking, weren't you annoyed in the least that Zeref turned out not to be sealed? or the way Hades was defeated?or the way Cobra was defeated? or the way Ikaruga was defeated? or the way Jellal was pwned?etc
Pardon me but these were not ordinary trolls you see in every shonen, but huge trolls on the readers and there were a loy too!...at least i haven't read more ridiculous plot twists in other shonen mangas....
I'll admit nuber 2 and 7 aren't that bad and #2 is indeed common in shonen..but the rest...

Quote:
blaming only Fairy Tail for this is called being a hater.
...or being a Rave Master fanboy
Seriously, i'm not a hater i still read the series...it's just that i had high expectations from FT.
For me, the last arc could have made FT climb very high and come closer to the Big 3..instead a lot of fans were disappointed..
Also, it's not like i'm ''bullying'' FT...i always do this when something bugs me..be it One Piece,Naruto, Bleach,FMA etc i always point the things i don't/didn't like as you can see with Rave.
Sadly, FT has indeed more troll moments than most shonen mangas(at least from those i've read).
Besides these are just the parts of FT that annoy me(and most readers), it's not like i don't like anything about FT.

Quote:
About 9:
Mashima's made it crystal clear that emotions fuel magic power.
This is supported by "Unison Raids" as well. What you call "nakama power" is actually a viable mechanic in the series, aka justified.
Mavis protected Fairy Tail because the guild performed Unison Raid, she even said so herself.
Erm thnx for correcting me the SoulResonance is from SE
Anyway just because he made it clear, doesn't mean that it's not lame when it's used over and over and over again..
It's like when Natsu beats the main bad guy(except the Phantom Lord arc)... Mashima made it pretty clear but it doesn't change the fact that it's lame.
If the unison raid was used once in a while it wouldn't be a big deal.But it was used like 3 times in the S-Class trial arc...

Quote:
About 12: Erza > Aria > Natsu, no need to analyze it further cause it's simple as that.
Ehm actually it's not that simple because Erza was heavily wounded after getting hit with Phantom Lord's canon, while Aria was full-powered...and Erza won with ease..I'd like to see a proper fight there although i believe Erza would win in the end.
Quote:
About 13: If you think Edolas is a troll-arc, you obviously didnt understand its purpose at all.
Imo, the purpose of Edolas arc was:
1)To bring Lissana back..
2)To explain why there were 2 Jellals...
3)To give us information about the exceeds-Happy(thumbs up)
4)To give Gazille a cat
5)To show us that people in Edolas can live on without magic
I put Edolas arc in the list because a)it was used to bring Lissana back.
b)Plus Mystogun had to stay there without having the ability to come back on his own...
And finally c)all the bad guys were super-lame(except the King who was ok)

Quote:
The timeskip was merely a "pause" button in order to leave FT behind compared to everyone else in terms of power. It WAS lame indeed, but the manga's pretty interesting right now.
I know this isn't pointed to me(since you think i'm a hater) but i agree here.The timeskip gave time for the weaker guilds to become stronger(Sabretooth, LamiaScale etc), for the weak FT members to become stronger and hopefully gave time for new dark guilds to become stronger.But i really don't want to allow myself to get my hopes up because i know FT might disappoint me yet again...
~Izuru Kira
Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 AM

My Shinigami [?]

1) It's not. Most shounen mangas are getting "trolled"

2)
Zeref not being sealed = Who cares
Cobra losing like that = Should've happened much earlier (obvious weakness, is obvious)
Ikagura losing = Erza's samurai form boosts attack, nothing new there.
Jellal & Hades = Well yeah, the good guys should've lost.

3) Not everyone finds it lame really, I'm pretty sure there are people out there who simply do not care.

4) Element 4 were a bunch of noobs, only Juvia posed a threat. Plus you said it yourself: Erza was wounded, yet she was still stronger than Aria.....speaks volumes.

5) Bingo

6) You expect too much from Fairy Tail. That's why you're dissapointed. I'm pretty sure Seinen mangas will satisfy you. Fairy Tail isnt to be taken as seriously as other mangas to be honest.

Frausty's Plushiehubby

Last edited by dordoniz; 11-21-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
8th Division's 8th seat

My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordoniz View Post
1) It's not. Most shounen mangas are getting "trolled"
....but not to that extent(let's agree to disagree on this one).

Quote:
2)
a)Zeref not being sealed = Who cares
b)Cobra losing like that = Should've happened much earlier (obvious weakness, is obvious)
c)Ikagura losing = Erza's samurai form boosts attack, nothing new there.
d)Jellal & Hades = Well yeah, the good guys should've lost.
a)I can't name all the thousands of people that care(d).....
b)Since our opinions concerning Cobra are extremely different, i won't discuss this further(a%#pulled win is a#%pulled).
c)Again, i don't think it's unfair that Erza won, it's just that she won in one hit...
d)Glad we agree

Quote:
3) Not everyone finds it lame really, I'm pretty sure there are people out there who simply do not care.
I don't care also now, but i found it pretty lame tbh...

Quote:
4) Element 4 were a bunch of noobs, only Juvia posed a threat. Plus you said it yourself: Erza was wounded, yet she was still stronger than Aria.....speaks volumes.
What i meant was that it wasn't even a proper fight....Erza should have had a hard time against Aria...she was really wounded.
PS, i'm an Erza fanboy but her wins lately are usually forced(unfortunately because she has the skill to win them clearly imo).I won't even talk about Erza VS Azuma

Quote:
5) Bingo
See? I knew Edolas had a purpose It's just that this particular arc resulted in a dead character's return(Lissana) and a loss of an S class member(Mystogun is stuck in Edolas)

Quote:
6) You expect too much from Fairy Tail. That's why you're dissapointed. I'm pretty sure Seinen mangas will satisfy you. Fairy Tail isnt to be taken as seriously as other mangas to be honest.
I don't expect much anymore
And yes, i've come to realise that Seinen>Shonen in most (if not all) aspects.
Plus, i've never taken FT seriously since Tower of Heaven arc, but there's a limit on how many @&#pulls someone can tolerate

Conclusion:I'll keep reading FT but i'll still complain(in a polite way if possible)
~Izuru Kira
Old 11-21-2011, 10:21 PM

My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseas View Post
Plus, i've never taken FT seriously[...] but there's a limit on how many @&#pulls someone can tolerate
[color="RoyalBlue"]Conclusion:I'll keep reading FT but i'll still complain
I dont think you like Fairy Tail. The only thing you're gonna achieve by nitpicking FT every chance you get, is draw the rage of the fans....which will be justified to be honest.

I feel the same way about Bleach lately, and I figured that attitude like that always got me into...." counter-productive" discussions....therefore I dont discuss about it anymore....*hint*

Frausty's Plushiehubby
Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
[Segunda Legion] Fraccion 6 | Sanguine Weaver

Favorite Character: Daenerys, Johanna, Miria, Ukitake, Unohana, Gin, Grimmjow, Ulquiorra
Send a message via MSN to unohana22
My Shinigami [?]

Dunno if character bashing is allowed on BA but you shouldn't read if you're just going to hate on it and nitpick every chance you get. Just my two cents. And this thread is for FT alone and not Rave or any other series.

If you guys are talking about the 7 year skip.. then I don't mind it, really. At first I reallly thought they were dead, but I was like nuuuu they're the lead characters, Romeo can't be the new Natsu lol I still love FT. Can't wait for the tournament to start!!!! I wanna see Fairy Tail be the top guild in Magnolia again

Segunda Legion:Rinka Amaryllis | BARPG: Nachan Kurogasa Reiryoku: 16, 705 | Segunda AMV
Kitsun, Klaizz & DF's Shimai | Zero's Fellow Bount | Cid's Shinyuu | Vasto's Road Kamelot