Sponsors keep our server running! » iPad Manga Reader .
BleachAnime.org » BleachAnime.org Home . Bleach Anime Downloads . Bleach Manga Reader . Bleach Wallpapers
NarutoPod.com » NarutoPod.com Home . Naruto Forum . Naruto Anime Downloads . Naruto Manga Reader . Naruto Wallpapers
BleachAnime.org Forums

Welcome to the BleachAnime.org Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, earn points to gain access to our high-speed Bleach anime direct downloads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ichigos shikai

Go Back   BleachAnime.org Forums > Bleach Forums > Bleach Manga

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
18th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Cast off your fear, look forward, go forward, never stand still, retreat and you will age, hesitate
My Shinigami [?]
Default ichigos shikai

I was just re-reading and something struck me, some thing i am suprised i missed...

While fighting Zaraki for the first time Ichigo couldnt cut Zaraki, when he was hiding he recited the release command for Zangetsu...was his sword in shikai form only? Not the power, or techneque?
Only then could he cut Zaraki

If so he beat Ikkaku and Renji without using shikai.

If that is the case his power jumps arnt as large as initually thought.

Any thoughts? Incase you dont know Zangetsu's release comand its my signature.

Last edited by DJ-Espada; 05-05-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:19 AM
I'll make my stand right here with my friends

My Shinigami [?]
Default Re: ichigos shikai

hmm this is very interesting, what chapter is this in? i cant seem to find it. ha
----------
nvm ha but he doesnt say "shout zangetsu" nor did he say that the first time when he learned his name, but idk this is just me, i dont think he'd take the time to say it all either cuz by then he'd be cut or something ha

Last edited by xxGetsugaxx; 05-06-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Posts auto-merged due to double posting.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:51 AM
18th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Cast off your fear, look forward, go forward, never stand still, retreat and you will age, hesitate
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGetsugaxx View Post
hmm this is very interesting, what chapter is this in? i cant seem to find it. ha
----------
nvm ha but he doesnt say "shout zangetsu" nor did he say that the first time when he learned his name, but idk this is just me, i dont think he'd take the time to say it all either cuz by then he'd be cut or something ha
chapter 108 time for scare...

the shout zangetsu isnt the necissary part, he had already recognised the name of his sword while training with urahara, but without the incantation as with kido (and knowing a true name) the 'Cast off your fear, look forward, go forward, never stand still, retreat and you will age, hesitate and you will die' aspect of zangetsu was never uttered, this could be the difference between an unreleased sword and shikai in terms of power.

further proof can be found in the fact the very next swing cut zaraki...coincidence i think not
Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 AM

My Shinigami [?]

yeah i just went through the chapter,and i know he did say that "incantation" or whatev when he was with urahara i think. and idk to me it doesnt seem like he's "releasing" zangetsu

and also its like Zarakai said about the reiatsu being stronger than the other idk something like that.btw this is just my little opinion^^

Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 AM
(ಠ__ಠ) Chocolate Face - Reloaded

Favorite Character: Shinji
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Espada View Post
I was just re-reading and something struck me, some thing i am suprised i missed...

While fighting Zaraki for the first time Ichigo couldnt cut Zaraki, when he was hiding he recited the release command for Zangetsu...was his sword in shikai form only? Not the power, or techneque?
Only then could he cut Zaraki

If so he beat Ikkaku and Renji without using shikai.

If that is the case his power jumps arnt as large as initually thought.

Any thoughts? Incase you dont know Zangetsu's release comand its my signature.

No.

He was able to cut Kenpachi because he had a change of heart. A change of motivation. He stopped being scared. He needed to focus.

He's always in Shikai... He can't not use it. It always is.

He beat Ikkaku and Renji with his shikai.

Also, that thing in your sig is not Zangetsu's release command. We don't really know exactly what it is (if it has one). The first and only time Ichigo released shikai, the only thing he actually said was Zangetsu's name. The rest of that stuff is just internal dialogue with himself and Zangetsu. It was inspirational talk to get Ichigo to quit running from Urahara. And he remembered it when he fought Kenpachi.

We may never know if Zangetsu has a word/phrase release since Ichigo will probably never seal his sword back down past shikai again.

Even supposing that was the release command. It wouldn't matter. You can't release shikai if you're already in shikai.

There's nothing wrong with the jumps of power with Ichigo.

Last edited by OneJoeZee; 05-06-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 AM
18th Seated Officer

My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJoeZee View Post
No.

He was able to cut Kenpachi because he had a change of heart. A change of motivation. He stopped being scared. He needed to focus.

He's always in Shikai... He can't not use it. It always is.

He beat Ikkaku and Renji with his shikai.

Also, that thing in your sig is not Zangetsu's release command. We don't really know exactly what it is (if it has one). The first and only time Ichigo released shikai, the only thing he actually said was Zangetsu's name. The rest of that stuff is just internal dialogue with himself and Zangetsu. It was inspirational talk to get Ichigo to quit running from Urahara. And he remembered it when he fought Kenpachi.

We may never know if Zangetsu has a word/phrase release since Ichigo will probably never seal his sword back down past shikai again.

Even supposing that was the release command. It wouldn't matter. You can't release shikai if you're already in shikai.

There's nothing wrong with the jumps of power with Ichigo.
It is the release command, we even hear those lines when muramasa dragged zangetsu out of ichigo, during the recent filler arc (which was penned by kubo)...it is a fair bet.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Captain Level Shinigami

Favorite Character: Ichigo, Zangetsu, Visoreds, Shunsui, Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Jūshirō, Yamamoto
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
It is the release command, we even hear those lines when muramasa dragged zangetsu out of ichigo, during the recent filler arc (which was penned by kubo)...it is a fair bet.
Ichigo's Zanpakutou is already in Shikai, what possibly could be released by this "release command" you are implying? Shikai 2?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
(ಠ__ಠ) Chocolate Face - Reloaded

Favorite Character: Shinji
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
filler arc is moot to discuss here.

It is not Ichigo's release command. Did he say that the first time he released his shikai?

No. It was inner dialogue.

If he didnt' do it then, then it's not the command because that was the only time his shikai has been released.

Spoiler: click to show

The only thing he said is Zangetsu's name. Again, the rest of that stuff is just inner dialogue between Zangetsu and Ichigo to motivate him.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 PM

My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oji-san View Post
Ichigo's Zanpakutou is already in Shikai, what possibly could be released by this "release command" you are implying? Shikai 2?
he's saying what was "released" was the power of it not the form just the power. although he has never said a release command. like it was stated he had a change of heart his rieatsu grew enabling him to be ablo to cut zarakai
Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Captain Level Shinigami

Favorite Character: Ichigo, Zangetsu, Visoreds, Shunsui, Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Jūshirō, Yamamoto
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGetsugaxx View Post
he's saying what was "released" was the power of it not the form just the power. although he has never said a release command. like it was stated he had a change of heart his rieatsu grew enabling him to be ablo to cut zarakai
I know that's is what he is implying, but it doesn't make since, the Shikai power was always there. The only things that increased was Ichigo's resolve and focus.