Sponsors keep our server running! » iPad Manga Reader .
BleachAnime.org » BleachAnime.org Home . Bleach Anime Downloads . Bleach Manga Reader . Bleach Wallpapers
NarutoPod.com » NarutoPod.com Home . Naruto Forum . Naruto Anime Downloads . Naruto Manga Reader . Naruto Wallpapers
BleachAnime.org Forums

Welcome to the BleachAnime.org Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, earn points to gain access to our high-speed Bleach anime direct downloads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ichigo's Substitute Soul Reaper Badge

Go Back   BleachAnime.org Forums > Bleach Forums > Bleach Manga

Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 AM
[6th Division] Recruit.

Favorite Character: Ikkaku, Shuhei, Byakuya, Kenpachi Zaraki, Yorouichi, Shinji, Tousen, Nnoitra, Starrk
Location: In Yorouichi's Bed ooh look Rongiku just walked in!
Send a message via Yahoo to ShuheiHisagi6969
My Shinigami [?]
Default Ichigo's Substitute Soul Reaper Badge

I'm not super up to date but does the "Substitute Soul Reaper Badge" Limit Ichigo's Power? If so does this mean that when he fought Grimmjoww & Ulquiorra in Bankai, he was weaker than when he fought Byakuya in Bankai before he had the "Substitute Soul Reaper Badge"?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
[1st Division] 15th Seat - The Star Arcana

Favorite Character: Sado, Ginjou, Isshin, Shunsui, Kensei, Iba,Omaeda, Ichigo
My Shinigami [?]
Default Re: Ichigo's Substitute Soul Reaper Badge

I don't know if it actually limited it in the Soul world. Maybe in the human world it did, like how Shinigami's powers are surpressed in the human world. But Ichigo derives his soul power from his own reitsu. And I can't imagine a badge having that much power over somebody's reitsu. Especially seeing that he still went from normal powers, to shikai, to bankai, to hollow, to dangai, to Final Getsuga, and progressed somewhat normally. If it was actually surpressing his power, I don't think he would've been able to "level up" as much as he did.

I also can't imagine Soul Society putting all their hopes on Ichigo to defeat Aizen while in the meantime being like, "meh, we'll just take the chance of surpressing his power and hopefully he'll turn out strong enough".

I want to live for adventure!

Last edited by jessy86; 12-31-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: deleted post above
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
14th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Kenpachi Zaraki
My Shinigami [?]

According to Ginjou (in Chapter 474) the function of the Shinigami Substitute Fighting Permission Badge is "surveilance and control." It allows the Soul Society to track Ichigo like a GPS and also allows them to "absord, analyze and control" (or at least limit) his power when he carries it (kind'a like a "Captain's Seal" I guess). They were Ukitake's idea and he's given them to all "Substitute Soul Reapers" since Ginjou.

While it's not stated anywhere in the text, it seems in keeping with Ukitake's character that he devised this as a more merciful option than the probable alternative - to kill anyone in the living world who gains Shinigami powers rather than take the risk of trusting them.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:32 AM
[ 三 ] 5th Seat of the 3rd Division

Favorite Character: Gin
My Shinigami [?]

It's stated here that it suppresses Reiatsu.
 Spoiler: click to show
So if that is true (which it most likely is), then yes, it does limit his power.

By how much is hard to say, but one thing is clear, Ichigo had huge troubles controlling his powers after SS arc and the start of HM arc, the badge is likely to blame for this, at least to a degree.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 PM
[6th Division] Recruit.

Favorite Character: Ikkaku, Shuhei, Byakuya, Kenpachi Zaraki, Yorouichi, Shinji, Tousen, Nnoitra, Starrk
Location: In Yorouichi's Bed ooh look Rongiku just walked in!
Send a message via Yahoo to ShuheiHisagi6969
My Shinigami [?]

Thanks for clearing it up guys it helps mold my opinion a little bit better about how powerful Espadas like Ulquiorra & Grimmjoww truly were, I mean it confused the hell outta me when Byakuya & Kenpachi destroyed their opponents without much effort, but Ichigo couldn't beat a base form Grimmjoww. I definitely don't hold Ulquiorra as highly as I once did...this kind of makes me think the "Versus" sub-category will get sort of a make-over in the "who beats who" department because Ichigo's power level plays a huge role in a lot of "Versus" fights IMO.

Not just Espadas but Aizen, Gin & other too I guess...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
17th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Aizen Sousike
My Shinigami [?]

Whoa Wait a Sec their buddy UL should still Rank High because Limited or not we see the only display of such power coming from him. He threw that one rod in his second released form which could have killed every one in Huco Mundo with the expection of Maybe Kenpachi and Yammi.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 AM
[Tenth Division] Recruit

Favorite Character: Ichigo, Kenpachi, Yoruichi, Urahara, Byakuya, Halibel, Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Ishida, Matsumoto
Send a message via MSN to ZarakIchigo195
My Shinigami [?]

I'm under the impression that Ichigo did not take his SSR Badge with him to HM. Doesn't he not have it in his Shinigami form? I thought he just pressed it to his body, has his soul ejected, and then leaves it to Kon or whoever has his body.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think the badge was that important in terms of power levels.

VII-III | Primera 306 | 10th Ex-3rd | Vizard Ex-6th
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
THE FUN ENDS HERE

Favorite Character: kaien
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarakIchigo195 View Post
I'm under the impression that Ichigo did not take his SSR Badge with him to HM. Doesn't he not have it in his Shinigami form? I thought he just pressed it to his body, has his soul ejected, and then leaves it to Kon or whoever has his body.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think the badge was that important in terms of power levels.
that's what i assumed, it's only used to eject his soul but he doesn't carry it anywhere else he goes when he's in shinigami form. when he fought ulquiorra and grimmjow he was using everything he had.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Junior Shinigami

Favorite Character: Ichigo
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOgihci View Post
that's what i assumed, it's only used to eject his soul but he doesn't carry it anywhere else he goes when he's in shinigami form. when he fought ulquiorra and grimmjow he was using everything he had.
Doesn't matter. Reread the Manga link. The badge only suppresses his spiritual force while he is in human form. When he transforms into a Shinigami, it has no effect on him at all.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Kuroi Getsuga

Favorite Character: Ichigo
My Shinigami [?]

I doubt it had so much influence. The badge isn't the only trouble in gauging the power of HM ichigo. Aside from teh badge counting as a possible factor you have resolve,growth rate and hollow powers. You can't say for a fact that ichigo became weaker because of the badge. If not ginjou could possibly impliy that his reiatsu was surrpressed in human form. But's lets assume it limited his reiatsu. Ichigo still outgrew his old self in terms of reiatsu. He went from captain level reiatsu in SS arc to over two times in the HM arc this is just his growth, Then you have the hollow mask who also held him back as well and not to mention the fluctuations of his power. There is more to look at then a mere badge that possibly surpressed his rieatus in shinigami form.