Sponsors keep our server running! » iPad Manga Reader .
BleachAnime.org » BleachAnime.org Home . Bleach Anime Downloads . Bleach Manga Reader . Bleach Wallpapers
NarutoPod.com » NarutoPod.com Home . Naruto Forum . Naruto Anime Downloads . Naruto Manga Reader . Naruto Wallpapers
BleachAnime.org Forums

Welcome to the BleachAnime.org Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, earn points to gain access to our high-speed Bleach anime direct downloads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who and what is Squad 11 Lieutenant Yachiru?

Go Back   BleachAnime.org Forums > Bleach Forums > Bleach Characters

Old 07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
16th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Yoruichi
My Shinigami [?]
Default Who and what is Squad 11 Lieutenant Yachiru?

Zaraki is almost never seen with Yachiru hanging off his shoulder, giving wrong directions, and watching his battles. During a flashback you see her, as a little girl, meeting Zaraki for the first time. Whenever they talk about the past it seems as if she's just a normal, little girl.
However, she seems to have a powerful spirit pressure of her own as shown when the messenger was delivering news of Aizen's "death" during the Rescue Arc. Also, she doesn't seem to have grown older at all. Especially considering the flashback where they met it was in the absolute worst district anywhere and the area had corpses and blood all over. Considering what an innocent and sweet girl she is, how the heck did she survive, unscathed, long enough to meet him much less not be scared? She's definitely not weak as she was able to not only pick up and carry Zaraki, but jump off the sides of buildings to a roof at least 60 stories from the ground.

Personally, I think she's the spirit of his Zanpakuto. Sort of like how in the Zanpakuto Rebellion the Soul Reapers still had the physical sword but their Zanpakutos' spirits were running around in bodies of their own. Especially when you consider that Muramasa never caused Zaraki's Zanpakuto to join the rebellion. It would explain why they were able to bond together so easily, why she's never afraid of him or battle, and why he can't hear the "voice" of his Zanpakuto despite the fact it's always in its Shikai released form like Ichigo's sword. Also, when has she ever fought? Yachiru is always around or observing Zaraki's battles but has yet to be seen fighting anyone herself. Kenpachi always takes out anyone who even threatens her or draws all the fighting to himself. Might even explain how she's able to retain the Lieutenant's seat in a squad of physical battle maniacs. Although the main reason is probably because the members know that if they even scratched her that Kenpachi would literally chop them into small pieces.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 PM
20th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Byakuya, Toshiro, Shunsui, Urahara, and Ulquiorra
My Shinigami [?]
Default Re: Who and what is Squad 11 Lieutenant Yachiru?

She can't be his Zanpakuto, she wouldn't be a shinigami vice captain lmao.

Last edited by Staarkk; 07-24-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Recruit, 2nd Division. BARPG Hollow

Favorite Character: Nelliel, Grimmjow, Ishida, Kira, Kenpachi
My Shinigami [?]

I think that Yachiru is a powerful Shinigami, but not a Zanpakuto spirit. I consider her to be like Kenpachi's daughter. He's trained her, and with nepotism, she became the Lieutenant. However, given that she's able to easily scare others with her Reiatsu, I don't think she's weak at all. I'll wait for her to show off in this final arc.
and will pwn.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:20 AM
14th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Kenpachi Zaraki
My Shinigami [?]

Kenpachi is my favourite character so I've given quite a bit of thought to who and what he and Yachiru are, and how they fit in the scheme of things. It's turned into something very involved and very complicated.

Yachiru is a tiny pink pebble strategically placed amid a mountian of huge jagged boulders: the one no one must ever touch. Remove her, and the whole mountain comes tumbling down on everyone. Yachiru is the leash Yamamoto tricked Kenpachi into placing around his own neck, so he could bind the Demon of Zaraki and turn him into an asset to the Seireitei. Yachiru is the only think Kenpachi really cares about besides fighting and getting stronger; at the end of the day everything and everyone else can go to hell. Kenpachi's concern for Yachiru's well-being is the only reason he has to do anything other than fight.

The idea that Yachiru is the spirit of Kenpachi's Zanpakuto is one many of us have considered, and I must admit it's tempting (I believed "The Yachiru Theory" for about a year). The reason he doesn't know her true name is that he named her something else the moment she first manifested to him. The "Inverse-Yachiru Theory" - that he's Yachiru's zanpakuto - also has some support. The idea is that she felt threatened and - even as a baby - had enough reuatsu to manifest her zanpakuto - sword and spirit both, and her zanpakuto has protected her ever since.

Both theories are flawed, especially if you consider a crucial fact about all zanpakuto: they all wield the same weapon as their master. Kenpachi's sword is different from Yachiru's. This shows that they are two seperate shinigami with their own zanpakuto.

And with respect to the one and only glimpse we've ever had of Yachiru's cat-face reiatsu, I'd like to point to one fact which may be important: it only happened after Kenpachi took off his eyepatch while fighting Ichigo. It could be as simple and cute as a little girl immitating her "father." Or it could be significant. My hypothesis is that Yachiru's reiatsu signiture is on a perfectly harmonized wavelength to Zaraki's, thus his reiatsu doesn't disrupt hers - it amplifies it. This is why Kenpachi's spirit pressure doesn't bother her. She hasn't just survived his reiatsu all these years - she thrives in it! I also believe this is entirely by design.

Quote:
Also, she doesn't seem to have grown older at all. Especially considering the flashback where they met it was in the absolute worst district anywhere and the area had corpses and blood all over. Considering what an innocent and sweet girl she is, how the heck did she survive, unscathed, long enough to meet him much less not be scared?
Yachiru has grown physically in the decades between the first time we saw her and the present. The baby Kenpachi adoped was still crawling, saying her first words, and could sit in his plam. Her hands were scarcely wider than the blade of his zanpakuto. Later, in the Ikkaku flasjhback episode "The Lucky Men" we see her some time after leaving Kusajishi. She's about three now: walking and talking and drawing with chalk; able to predict events based on past experience ("It's too bad though. The fight's almost over.") Later in the same episode we see her again as a shinigami with Ikkaku and Yumichika and she looks slightly older - about four. In present day she's bigger still - five or six at most (still hasn't lost any baby teeth); and she's more articulate and more independent.

The way I imagine it, the day Kenpachi and Yachiru met at the border of Zaraki and Kusajishi is Yachiru's first memory, her first conscious experience of the soul society. None of it was a coincidence. The baby woke up exactly where Yamamoto ordered Captain Soi Fon to leave her - directly in his path. Her first memory was of battle: loud, angry, violent men shouting and screaming, lashing about with long shiny things that made the blood splash everywhere, red on red. She knew she was vulnerable and she was afraid. Then she felt something... different, something warm like sunshine only better. She looked up and the tall man was there. His reiatsu kindled hers and her ability to differentiate colors activated for the first time (just as Mayuri had designed it to). Suddenly the world looked bright and pretty. The tall man didn't make a sound but he swung a shiny thing like the other men, and the blood looked so sparkly and bright and ...red! He made her chaotic, noisy world silent and still and safe. And then he stopped. She crawled toward him and the closer she got the better she felt, and it made her happy. That was the first thing Yachiru learned about the world: being near him made her happy and safe.

That was the easy part of Yamamoto's plan; now for the hard part. Soi Fon only knew her orders: if the man from Zaraki kills the baby - kill the man from Zaraki, at any cost (including bankai). If he leaves her alone - retireve her and report back. But if he takes her, let them be.

For the Demon of Zaraki, that day wasn't just the day he finally blundered through one of the few passes out of North 80. It marked the end of a massacre that began years before, on the day when Yachiru was killed by her own Lieutenant, Gosuke, with her whole Squad at his back. Since that day every living thing he saw looked like an enemy to kill. He didn't know what to do about losing the only person he ever cared about, so his choice was to turn Zaraki district into a meat-grinder. It was never enough. He still felt empty.

He might not even have noticed her, and even when she crawled right up to him and fearlessly touched the blood on his zanpakuto - and giggled! - it still might not have been enough to get through to him. Except - she has that stupid pink hair, and he had never seen anyone with hair like that in his entire life.

Except Yachiru. The woman who fearlessly laughed in his face. The woman who gave him the only serious injury he'd ever had. The woman who told him he could escape Zaraki and go someplace better. The woman who told him what "Kenpachi" means. Yachiru literally means "eight thousand flowers" but to him that name means "the one who matters."

That stupid pink hair was enough to make it possible that they were connected - Yachiru and this baby. A daughter? A sister? Reincarnation? In the end, the Demon of Zaraki simply chose not to be alone. The baby would be "Yachiru" now; only this time he would be "Kenpachi" for her. After that day their path was bound to meander inevitably (though very circuitously) to the Seireitei, just as Yamamoto had planned.

As to "what" is Yachiru, my guess is that something neither she nor Kenpachi suspects. Mayuri created her secretly on Yamamoto's orders using Nemu as a prototype (combining gigai and gikan) but with key differences. Yachiru lacks any of the modifications Mayuri made on Nemu (no drill hand, etc.). Yachiru was not artificially aged to adulthood or "programmed" like Nemu (only old enough to ead solid food and begin walking and talking). But the last two specifications were critical. First, Yachiru's reiatsu signiture was modified to harmonize with a wavelenght from a source known only to Yamamoto and the Kido Corps members who recorded it. Second, rather than using Mayuri's DNA as a template, Yachiru was based on a DNA sample provided Yamamoto himself, taken from blood on the haori of the daughter of his great- grandson and a lady of the Shihoin Clan, the ninth Kenpachi, Yachiru Yamamoto.

And now Yachiru is growing up all over again. Only this time she's growing up in the middle of the Seireitei's premier fighting unit, constantly nourished and fortified by the leaking reiatsu of the most bloodthirsty Kenpachi who ever lived. And in the meantime she gives Yamamoto a means to control Zaraki he couldn't achieve by threat or force.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 AM
[八] Division Recruit - Massacre Soldier

Favorite Character: Aizen
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalictis View Post
Kenpachi is my favourite character so I've given quite a bit of thought to who and what he and Yachiru are, and how they fit in the scheme of things. It's turned into something very involved and very complicated.

Yachiru is a tiny pink pebble strategically placed amid a mountian of huge jagged boulders: the one no one must ever touch. Remove her, and the whole mountain comes tumbling down on everyone. Yachiru is the leash Yamamoto tricked Kenpachi into placing around his own neck, so he could bind the Demon of Zaraki and turn him into an asset to the Seireitei. Yachiru is the only think Kenpachi really cares about besides fighting and getting stronger; at the end of the day everything and everyone else can go to hell. Kenpachi's concern for Yachiru's well-being is the only reason he has to do anything other than fight.

The idea that Yachiru is the spirit of Kenpachi's Zanpakuto is one many of us have considered, and I must admit it's tempting (I believed "The Yachiru Theory" for about a year). The reason he doesn't know her true name is that he named her something else the moment she first manifested to him. The "Inverse-Yachiru Theory" - that he's Yachiru's zanpakuto - also has some support. The idea is that she felt threatened and - even as a baby - had enough reuatsu to manifest her zanpakuto - sword and spirit both, and her zanpakuto has protected her ever since.

Both theories are flawed, especially if you consider a crucial fact about all zanpakuto: they all wield the same weapon as their master. Kenpachi's sword is different from Yachiru's. This shows that they are two seperate shinigami with their own zanpakuto.

And with respect to the one and only glimpse we've ever had of Yachiru's cat-face reiatsu, I'd like to point to one fact which may be important: it only happened after Kenpachi took off his eyepatch while fighting Ichigo. It could be as simple and cute as a little girl immitating her "father." Or it could be significant. My hypothesis is that Yachiru's reiatsu signiture is on a perfectly harmonized wavelength to Zaraki's, thus his reiatsu doesn't disrupt hers - it amplifies it. This is why Kenpachi's spirit pressure doesn't bother her. She hasn't just survived his reiatsu all these years - she thrives in it! I also believe this is entirely by design.

Yachiru has grown physically in the decades between the first time we saw her and the present. The baby Kenpachi adoped was still crawling, saying her first words, and could sit in his plam. Her hands were scarcely wider than the blade of his zanpakuto. Later, in the Ikkaku flasjhback episode "The Lucky Men" we see her some time after leaving Kusajishi. She's about three now: walking and talking and drawing with chalk; able to predict events based on past experience ("It's too bad though. The fight's almost over.") Later in the same episode we see her again as a shinigami with Ikkaku and Yumichika and she looks slightly older - about four. In present day she's bigger still - five or six at most (still hasn't lost any baby teeth); and she's more articulate and more independent.

The way I imagine it, the day Kenpachi and Yachiru met at the border of Zaraki and Kusajishi is Yachiru's first memory, her first conscious experience of the soul society. None of it was a coincidence. The baby woke up exactly where Yamamoto ordered Captain Soi Fon to leave her - directly in his path. Her first memory was of battle: loud, angry, violent men shouting and screaming, lashing about with long shiny things that made the blood splash everywhere, red on red. She knew she was vulnerable and she was afraid. Then she felt something... different, something warm like sunshine only better. She looked up and the tall man was there. His reiatsu kindled hers and her ability to differentiate colors activated for the first time (just as Mayuri had designed it to). Suddenly the world looked bright and pretty. The tall man didn't make a sound but he swung a shiny thing like the other men, and the blood looked so sparkly and bright and ...red! He made her chaotic, noisy world silent and still and safe. And then he stopped. She crawled toward him and the closer she got the better she felt, and it made her happy. That was the first thing Yachiru learned about the world: being near him made her happy and safe.

That was the easy part of Yamamoto's plan; now for the hard part. Soi Fon only knew her orders: if the man from Zaraki kills the baby - kill the man from Zaraki, at any cost (including bankai). If he leaves her alone - retireve her and report back. But if he takes her, let them be.

For the Demon of Zaraki, that day wasn't just the day he finally blundered through one of the few passes out of North 80. It marked the end of a massacre that began years before, on the day when Yachiru was killed by her own Lieutenant, Gosuke, with her whole Squad at his back. Since that day every living thing he saw looked like an enemy to kill. He didn't know what to do about losing the only person he ever cared about, so his choice was to turn Zaraki district into a meat-grinder. It was never enough. He still felt empty.

He might not even have noticed her, and even when she crawled right up to him and fearlessly touched the blood on his zanpakuto - and giggled! - it still might not have been enough to get through to him. Except - she has that stupid pink hair, and he had never seen anyone with hair like that in his entire life.

Except Yachiru. The woman who fearlessly laughed in his face. The woman who gave him the only serious injury he'd ever had. The woman who told him he could escape Zaraki and go someplace better. The woman who told him what "Kenpachi" means. Yachiru literally means "eight thousand flowers" but to him that name means "the one who matters."

That stupid pink hair was enough to make it possible that they were connected - Yachiru and this baby. A daughter? A sister? Reincarnation? In the end, the Demon of Zaraki simply chose not to be alone. The baby would be "Yachiru" now; only this time he would be "Kenpachi" for her. After that day their path was bound to meander inevitably (though very circuitously) to the Seireitei, just as Yamamoto had planned.

As to "what" is Yachiru, my guess is that something neither she nor Kenpachi suspects. Mayuri created her secretly on Yamamoto's orders using Nemu as a prototype (combining gigai and gikan) but with key differences. Yachiru lacks any of the modifications Mayuri made on Nemu (no drill hand, etc.). Yachiru was not artificially aged to adulthood or "programmed" like Nemu (only old enough to ead solid food and begin walking and talking). But the last two specifications were critical. First, Yachiru's reiatsu signiture was modified to harmonize with a wavelenght from a source known only to Yamamoto and the Kido Corps members who recorded it. Second, rather than using Mayuri's DNA as a template, Yachiru was based on a DNA sample provided Yamamoto himself, taken from blood on the haori of the daughter of his great- grandson and a lady of the Shihoin Clan, the ninth Kenpachi, Yachiru Yamamoto.

And now Yachiru is growing up all over again. Only this time she's growing up in the middle of the Seireitei's premier fighting unit, constantly nourished and fortified by the leaking reiatsu of the most bloodthirsty Kenpachi who ever lived. And in the meantime she gives Yamamoto a means to control Zaraki he couldn't achieve by threat or force.

Mind=Blown
What have you done to me!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:17 AM
[1st Div] 14th Seat~Einherjar of Shadows~

Favorite Character: Hitsugaya
My Shinigami [?]

She is just a normal little pink haired girl or some kind of demon its a 50/50 thing.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
16th Seated Officer

My Shinigami [?]

Quick reply to some replies.
Yes, even if she is really Zaraki's zanpakuto she can be Squad 11's Vice Captain as she looks and acts like a Soul Reaper. Not to mention everyone is probably too scared of Zaraki to get close enough to examine her close up and since she's always on his shoulder his Riatsu probably messed up any attempts to do so from afar and everyone just dropped the idea.

Her being Zaraki's daughter seems very improbable. While not impossible considering what a battle maniac he was before they met (he seems to have calmed a little being around Yachiru) most women would be too scared he'd chop them up to stay in the same neighborhood as him much less cozy up. The Yachiru he admired, if a woman, could be the mother if their relationship got that close but they'd have had to separate after she got pregnant but before he knew about it.

I find the idea of her being one of Miyuri's experiments really hard to swallow. If she was an earlier model of a Mod Soul and Gigai combo like Nemu she should have aged to a point either similar or beyond Nemu's. Granted the ageing of Souls in Soul Society seems mutable considering Gin and Rangiku grew from kids in the Past Arc to young adults in 100 years while the Captains who appeared then don't seem to have aged at all. Mainly I don't see Mayuri letting one of his experiments or 'test subjects' do anything without some form of observation or control. For example, Uryu has weird observational things Mayuri administered during their battle and Nemu worships the ground he walks on and obeys his every order no matter how insensitive or abusive he is towards her.

Being part Demon, or Youkai, would explain a few things. But I don't think Demons, Angels, or Youkai have ever appeared much less mentioned. Most of the Demon like monsters that appeared were Hollows whether they were still entry level Hollows or advanced Arrancars. Even the Dolls weren't individual creatures but an extension of their Master like Zanpakuto and their spirits are an extension of the Soul Reaper's who wield them. As for Angels the Soul Reapers are carrying out the task of helping Souls cross over and exorcising the ones who have turned into Hollows.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 PM
14th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Kenpachi Zaraki
My Shinigami [?]

Quote:
I find the idea of her being one of Miyuri's experiments really hard to swallow. If she was an earlier model of a Mod Soul and Gigai combo like Nemu she should have aged to a point either similar or beyond Nemu's. Granted the ageing of Souls in Soul Society seems mutable considering Gin and Rangiku grew from kids in the Past Arc to young adults in 100 years while the Captains who appeared then don't seem to have aged at all. Mainly I don't see Mayuri letting one of his experiments or 'test subjects' do anything without some form of observation or control. For example, Uryu has weird observational things Mayuri administered during their battle and Nemu worships the ground he walks on and obeys his every order no matter how insensitive or abusive he is towards her.
Actually, in my imagination Nemu was the prototype and Yachiru came afterward. And since gigai are made-to-order there is no reason to assume Nemu was physically any younger on the day of her creation than she is now. Perhaps she ages, but I don't think she was ever a child. In Yachiru's case she was created as a baby and designed to age at a "normal" rate (whatever that is in Soul Society). Being as she would have been created to meet Yamamoto's specifications there would have been a limit to the extent to which Mayuri could "interpret" his orders to his advantage. And Mayuri has been forbidden to reveal any of it - something that annoys him to no end, as he can neither control his creation nor take credit for her. I agree that he can probably download information from Yachiru. This might take place similar to the way a magnetic card reader can steal credit card information from the cards in the pocket of an unsuspecting bystander in a crowd. Since this would require proximity it is likely that this responsibility falls to Nemu (during Lieutenants' meetings and SWA meetings). In essence Mauyri uses Yachiru to gather data on the ongoing results of the experiment that landed him in the Maggot's Nest almost two centuries ago. In fact, were it not for Mayuri's obsession with gaining knowledge at any cost, there would never have been any need to create Yachiru Kusajishi in the first place.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 PM
16th Seated Officer

My Shinigami [?]

While there is a possibility of her being a later 'model' of the process which created Nemu, I find it unlikely considering his personality. For starters, as he stated in Los Noches, the most important thing (in his mind) to a scientist is not data, research notes, or even practical uses, but test subjects. No matter what data she gathered, if she was one of his test projects he'd want her on hand and under his control like Nemu. Furthermore, considering Zaraki found her in the absolute worst and farthest district from the Seireitei it'd be hard for Mayuri to check up on her, especially if she gets killed while in the field. Also, Yachiru has a real outgoing and bubbly personality while Nemu, in comparison, rarely expresses any emotion, and when she does its always subdued.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM
14th Seated Officer

Favorite Character: Urahara, Shinji, Kenpachi
My Shinigami [?]

Just adding a thematic art:

Spoiler: click to show